HOME
Home page


ABOUT WHITESTONE
Whitestone history, Whitstone, famous people


CLUBS & GROUPS
Details of all Clubs, Groups & Societies


CHURCH
St Catherine's Church history


PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Council minutes & who's who


LOCAL INFORMATION
Recycling, Bus timetable, weather EX4


PARISH HALL
Details of the Parish Hall - Booking, hire, history


LOCAL BUSINESSES
Contacts for local businesses


MAGAZINE ARCHIVE
Parish magazine archive


MAP
Where is Whitestone Devon


VIDEO
Video extract of Whitestone 2000


LINKS
Web links for easy access


WHAT'S ON
Web links for easy access


CONTACT US
Details of how to contact us
PANTOMIME
Whitestone pantomime


FETE 2017
Whitestone Fete 2017

Whitestone Road sign

Whitestone Parish Council


PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES FEBRUARY 2014

Minutes of Whitestone Parish Council meeting held at Whitestone Parish Hall at 7.30pm on Thursday, 13th February 2014

Attendance: Chairman − Councillor P Nierop
Councillors Mrs M Belt, Mrs B Bramhall, Mrs P Fisher, S Heathcote, L Hickman, D Munro, R Phillips, A Reed.
County Councillor J Brook (for part of the meeting)
Mrs P Vaughan, Clerk to the Council
Mr D Friend, Mrs S Greenfield.
Apologies: Councillor M Quinn, District Councillor P Bromell.

The meeting was preceded by the February Draw for the 100 Club in support of the Parish Hall Development Fund. The lucky number was 77 belonging to Dr.John Rutter.

8. The Chairman opened the meeting and the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 9th January 2014 having been circulated were taken as read and signed as a true copy by the Chairman.

9. PLANNING

Planning Applications

9.1 14/00144/FUL Single storey front extension at Pound View Farm. The Council discussed the application and there were no objections.

Grant of Conditional Planning Permission

9.2 13/01686/LBC Replacement windows at Chants Cottage, Heath Cross

9.3 13/03306/COU Change of use of land to self storage business and associated security fencing at White Horse Car Breakers, Tedburn Road

Stakeholder Workshop on Proposed Attwells Farm Development

9.4 It was reported that this Workshop which had been arranged by Taylor Wimpey and Summerfield had been postponed as they wish to review the Inspector’s final report before deciding when to proceed with stakeholder and public consultation on an initial masterplan for this site.

10. MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION

School Houses

10.1 Cllr Reed reported that work had been carried out on extending rain water pipes, Dirgo valve, garden fencing at both houses and repair to inner front door glass at No 2. He has been advised by Devon Lettings that the Tenancy Agreements for both tenants will be completed next week.

10.2 The Clerk reported an assessment on the fireplace at 1 School House had been arranged by Devon Lettings at a cost of £57 (includes £9.50 VAT).

11. MATTERS RAISED BY THE CHAIRMAN

A request has been made by the Chairman of Teignbridge Highways and Traffic Orders Committee for a report regarding the status of gully cleaning within the Teignbridge area in view of recent severe weather and further risk of potential flooding. Cllr Nierop requested Councillors to make inspections of their areas and report back to him by 27th February when a representative report could be presented to Teignbridge.

12. FINANCE

Income

12.1 School Houses rents for February £1,425 − Letting Agency fees £136.80 (including £22.80 VAT) = £1,288.20

Expenditure

The following expenditure was proposed and seconded. All in favour.

12.2 Whitestone Parish Hall Management Committee (February) £125

12.3 West Coast Windows £50.40 (incl £8.40 VAT

12.4 Clerk‘s expenses − £20.70

12.5 Chappell Maintenance £250.00

12.6 Bank Statement as 31st January 2014

Current A/c

£200.00

Reserve A/c 1

£7,113.98

Reserve A/c 2

£3,398.66

£10,712.64

13. CORRESPONDENCE

13.1 Teignbridge District Council − Green Infrastructure Strategy Consultation documentation was passed to Councillors for distribution.

13.2 The Clerk reported receiving an unsigned complaint which had been sent to Teignbridge Planning Department and cc’d to the Parish Council alleging the setting up of a kennels/dog walking business in Merrymeet Whitestone. A response had been received from Carlo Josi, Planning Enforcement Officer for TDC, suggesting he thought that the complaint came from the Parish Council and indicating that it is considered that no breach of planning legislation has occurred. However, these types of businesses are regulated through the Environmental Health Department and he has therefore passed the information to that department for their attention. Further to this the Clerk received information that this Department will be advising the occupier of the need for a license to operate a boarding establishment. The meeting instructed the Clerk to send the residents concerned a copy of this correspondence and related minute.

13.3 Teignbridge District Council Planning Enforcement Officer reported inspecting the site at Swan Lake, Tedburn Road to investigate activities being carried out by the land owner following suggestions that there was residential use of the property. The Parish was asked to submit written evidence substantiating any claim that residential use is taking place. On the same subject District Councillor Bromell forwarded a letter of complaint regarding the parking of vehicles on the lay-by at this property. Cllr Reed reported that he had questioned the status of this lay-by with Highways in the past and had substantiated that it is not an official lay-by but the entrance to Swan Lake and therefore the property of the owner.

13.4 Electors Fund − Notification received that there are monies left in the Teignbridge budget for parishes to claim to ”provide something new and of community benefit”. Parish organisations to be approached to see if they would like to apply through the Parish Council for a claim to be made on their behalf and this will be discussed at March meeting (13th March).

14. REPORTS

14.1 County Councillor Brook reported on budgetary matters in particular the impact on nursing/care homes and non statutory services as expenditure is cut further over the next four years. He stated that he still has some monies left in his Locality Fund and offered to supply funding for the sign for Nadderwater. The Clerk to ascertain the exact cost as we were only given an approximate costing of £300 to £400 and to query if this included installation costs. After giving his report Cllr Brook left the meeting.

14.2 Cllr Fisher reported on items at Crossway Park and Cllr Phillips will meet with her to ascertain any repair work necessary. It was noted that the footpath sign by the Hall needed some attention and Cllr Munro will investigate this.

14.3 Bad potholes noted by Whitestone House and Pound View Farm − the Clerk to report.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Mr Friend commented on discussion regarding report required for gully cleaning and hoped this would include road sweeping as the collection of leaves on roads contributed to the problems of choked drains.

Mrs Greenfield suggested that whilst Councillors were completing their inspections for gully cleaning they could also include any potholes which were encountered.

Mrs Greenfield gave the following report on the Parish Plan Steering Group:- “We have continued work on the full questionnaire and, after a break for the Pantomime, have a further meeting planned for this month”.

In response to a question Mrs Greenfield confirmed that she hoped the questionnaire would be completed before the forthcoming Annual Parish Meeting.

The meeting closed at 8.50pm.

Comments by email welcome

info@whitestone-devon.org.uk